Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Questions

In Wave, I didn't really understand what happened to the mother when the tsunami hit. It mostly focused on Sam and his Dad when they were saving the other family and it's baby. Then when the wave hit. It didn't explain how the brother survived even though the mother was the one already to safety. I don't think I would change the book in anyway. Maybe I would add more discription, even though I did have a pretty clean picture of what was happening. I wasn't so happy about the ending, because it didn't really explain what Beth and Sam did when they went home. Also you never find out how her father dies, or if her mother's body was ever found. I think what I liked about this book was seeing it from both perspectives. It helped me put myself in their shoes becuase Beth was watching the tsunami on the news, just like we could have been doing in 2004. My favorite scene was then Beth was on her way to find her family and she passed a truck that was carrying the family that her Dad and brother had just just saved. I think that gave her a good feeling because she knew that her Dad died saving other peoples' lives.

1 comment: